Sunday, June 10, 2012

Noosa Heads

Hi, Claire here. Last weekend we went on a three day trip to a place called Noosa Heads, about three hours North of us. It is a pretty small hip surf town, with lots of huge beaches. On Monday, we took a one minute cable ferry across a river to a small point off Noosa. I went horse back riding on the beach! I took a 2 hour lesson from Bree, at Equathon. I rode a beautiful 14-15 hand high Australian Stosk Horse named Jewel. She was a deep chestnut with a long white blaze. She was such a great horse, and not afraid of anything. I wanted to take her home! Anyways, we rode through the bush (Aussie wilderness) o. A sand path, but it had ankle deep spots where the rain had filled up. The little bit of water was deep redish-brown from all the tea trees. When we arrived at the beach, I was amazed. It was a huge white stretch of sand, with perfect rolling waves and awesome shells. The funny thing was, the only people there were horse back riders! Riders said it was their "secret beach" and they kept it secret so the tourists wouldn't ruin it. We trotted our horses all through the waves and all over the sand. Then Bree and I cantered down the beach. We were going so fast, it felt like I was flying! It was the best day ever! I💗HORSES!!! -Claire🐴🐎 Pictures coming soon, sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Claire! How wonderful! I love the picture of you on your horse walking through the waves. So beautiful!! What amazing adventures. You all look great!

    ReplyDelete